Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Current Favorite Book!


Okay all of you stay-at-home wives and mommies! I'm always behind the times as far as coolness goes, but I found the most awesome book at Half Price Books the other day I want to share with you! It's called Living Well On One Income In a Two Income World by Cynthia Yates. Mrs. Yates is a Christian author and humor columnist, and her book is teeming with incredible financial wisdom, stories that will make you laugh so hard you have to run to the bathroom, and godly insight about how to use the resources God has given us for His glory. I totally recommend it! You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll want to evaluate how you use your money, gifts and time. Chapter titles include: Live Within Your Means, Let's Organize, It pays to be Savvy, Roll Up Your Sleeves, Use Things Up, Waste Not, Discover Your Creative Genius, and Presentation is Everything . . .or is it?. Amidst the godly wisdom, she has interjected absolutely hilarious stories of her and her husband whom she refers to as "Wonder Man." The following is an excerpt from the "Use Things Up" chapter. SO funny!

"During one of my household "sweeps," I found midnight blue satin sheets in a basement box. To the thrift store, or to use? No question! Always wanting to rev up our love life, I decided this would be a night to remember. Upstairs I raced. Pillows flying, blankets on the floor, I wrapped the bed in blue. Candles came from all around the house, perfume was spritzed, and I slinked into a nifty satin nightgown. No matter the long sleeves and that it hung just below my knees; Wonder Man would be dazzled. "I'm coming, Wonder Man!" I yelled. And in a playful mood I ran into the bedroom and dove onto the bed. Satin on satin makes for pretty poor friction. I hit the wall at 45 mph. We thought twice before we went to the emergency room."

Just wanted to share it with you! Enjoy ladies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have found your blog through my cousin's blog (Joe Dan Beavers) and just started reading your entrys. We are adopting also from Korea. Neat thing is you social worker and her husband were from my hometown. Missy is a sweetheart. How small is our world. I have so enjoyed reading about your family. God is so great and adoption is just us showing his love. We just had a youth conference at Johnathan Creek it looks so much better now then when I went there as a teen. Anyways nice to meet you and I look forward to following you journey. What country are you adopting from? Blessings, Rhea Anne

Aimee said...

Thanks for the book recommendation! As soon as I'm finished with Power of a Praying Wife, I'll make that next! This is the first time we've ever tried living on 1 income. It's very challenging, but I always did like a good challenge ;). See you tomorrow at Moms!