Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Winter Storm

Well, we did it. We went outside. As nice as it is to stay inside and be warm, Kilee could not resist the snow anymore! So far, we've gotten around 3 inches of snow mixed with lots of freezing rain so it's not too great to make snowmen with. They're calling for more wintry mix as the day goes on. We lost power last night for a little while, but the house didn't get too cold. Scott braved the slick roadways and headed to the office today. He said that he had to drive 35 mph on I-64 all the way into Louisville. I decided that Kilee and I would stay put.

Here are a few pictures of our wintry fun!

All bundled up and ready to go.


Checking everything out.

She loved getting snow on her gloves!

Little winter beauty!

She loved to sit in the snow and kept saying, "Sit down, mommy!"

She was really busy with the snow, so the only way to get a picture of the two of us was
to lie down. COLD! I was ready to go inside after that.

Our neighborhood after last night's snow and ice.

No comments: