Monday, August 06, 2012

Cramming Life In

These past couple of weeks have been, well . . . eventful.  After clearing out our house by sending stuff to our parents' houses and to Haiti, we have been left with a very interesting house to function in!  Phrases like, "Are we out of plastic forks AGAIN?"  "Kids, stop jumping on the air mattress!" and the dreaded "I've been looking for *blank*".... "Oh, sorry honey, I took it to Goodwill!"  But, it's been fun camping out at home.  We've definitely had more time together since there's really only one good room to sit and hang out in!

As far as some experiences we've tried to pack in, I've listed them as follows:

  • Well checks for everyone
  • All dental work completed for everyone
  • Trip to the zoo
  • Family night ice skating
  • Lots of swimming
  • Visits with family
  • Use up all gift certificates/cards, etc.
  • Playdates with the kids' friends
  • Dinner with friends (almost every night til we leave!) 
  • Many many many many trips to drop off items at Goodwill
  • Selling larger items
  • Finish scrapbooks I've started
  • Pick up medical records
  • Getting shots we still lack
  • Just sitting and enjoying the air conditioning
  • Chinese food, often!
We are really enjoying special times as a family and treasuring all of the friendships the Lord has given us while we've been in Louisville.  Only 15 days until departure!

No comments: