Well, most of you probably know by now that our sweet little Kilee has broken her arm again! As you may recall, it was a little over a year ago that she broke her left arm when she was dancing on a step stool and fell off. Well, just a few days ago she was pushing Josiah on a swing and as she was giving him an "underdog" she fell, tried to catch herself and broke her right arm right above her wrist. She was with Madam Ruth at the time because I was at Ladies' Bible Study here at the mission. As soon as I saw her arm, I knew it was probably broken. Poor thing!

The one thing about serving here with Baptist Haiti Mission is that you get pretty rapid medical treatment seeing as how the hospital and doctor's residence are located on the mission property. We immediately met Dr. Bernard at his house, he called in his X-ray technician after hours and 30 minutes later Kilee was getting her arm x-rayed at the mission hospital. We immediately got the x-ray results, got some pain medication at the hospital pharmacy, and Dr. Bernard reviewed the images. After it was determined that it was broken, he called his friend in Petion-ville who is an orthopedic surgeon and he met us a few minutes later to splint the arm for her. Talk about quick! We are so thankful for all the special care Kilee received through her ordeal.
As for how she's doing now, she feels pretty good. But, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves . . .
 |
| We joked that she looks like an old lady lounging out in front of a rest home wearing that pink fuzzy bath robe with her feet propped up. |
 |
| Having a broken arm hasn't slowed down playtime! She made some pretty elaborate play-doh creations today. |
A little bit before breaking her arm, she lost her 5th tooth. A couple of days after the broken arm, she lost her 6th one! Talk about falling apart at the seams! She does look pretty darn cute, though.
 |
| Missing two front teeth, among others. Reportedly, there are more loose ones just waiting to fall out! |
As for the other kiddo in our family, he seems to be cheating injury at every turn. I obviously never want either of my kids to be hurt, but I honestly am surprised that it is always her because Josiah is the one doing all of the crazy stuff! I think he's made of rubber and just bounces when he falls. Here's an example of one of the aforementioned "crazy" activites...
 |
| In this picture, he is about 8 feet off the ground. Keep in mind that on other occasions I have found him much higher up this tree. He is so fast that by the time I notice he has run off, he's already 10 feet off the ground and picking fruit off the branches. |
 |
| The life of a monkey does seem to agree with him, though, don't you think? |
|
1 comment:
What a cute little snaggle-toothed Kilee, and a cute little monkey you have there! We'll see you soon!!!
Post a Comment