Wednesday, October 09, 2013

The Joy of Having Children

 "Behold, children are a heritage of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward."
-Psalm 127:3


I've just been reflecting recently on what a joy our children are.  They are a miracle!  The way God brought them each into our lives is a testimony of His power and steadfastness.  Sure, they can be whiny, disobedient and draining at times, but can't we all?  I mean, so often I think I expect my kids to live with a better attitude than I happen to display consistently.  I often expect them to be little adults, and that is unfair.  Training them in the way they should go is a process with bumps and bruises along the way.  Do I have days I want to yank all my hair out and run screaming down the street?  Yep.  But, God's grace is enough for each day and He is working in my children's hearts. . .and in mine.  Our desire is for Kilee and Josiah's hearts to be His.  So, I am resolved to experience the joy of having children more intently and freely.  This is Christ at work in my heart, and He is good.


Kilee was playing house outside and I HAD to get this picture of her wearing an apron and beating a rug with a flyswatter.

Josiah posing with his digger birthday cakes.  He's just a little excited.

And my personal favorite. . .
Kilee and Josiah discover the simple joys of a whoopee cushion.  Priceless!




1 comment:

Mom and Dad Tate said...

I left a comment, but I guess it didn't post. Kilee the homemaker (rugbeater and all) and Josiah the construction equipment expert on his birthday are just precious!! What joys they are to us also--just as you adult "kids" are. At first I thought my sound was turned down on the video and then I realized you did a silent video on purpose! Ha